This looks so exciting! Check out this conference. I just ran across it today. I would love to go (hint hint)! The line up of speakers will be wonderful. Nancy Leigh DeMoss, John Piper, Joni Eareckson Tada, just to name a few! It is a whole year away! I think everyone should check this out and start praying about it. There is plenty of time to save money for the trip! I may not get to go but thought I should at least pass the word along!
Today is my lovely sister Jenny’s birthday. She is the oldest of the six of us kids. She is a great sister and an even better friend. She is always there when I need her. I look up to her in so many ways. She is the mother of 3 beautiful children. They are blessed to have a godly mother like her. I hope to be the kind of mother she is when I have children. I have been fortunate to watch her and her family and learn from them over the past few years. She has been a great christian model for me as a newlywed. She is a women of great character and virtue.
- Faith – A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. (Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15)
- Marriage– A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet. (Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis2: 18)
- Mothering – A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with the care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)
- Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, Proverbs 31: 17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19, Genesis 1: 29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)
- Service – A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13: 13)
- Finances – A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18, 1 Timothy 6: 10, Ephesians 5: 23, Deuteronomy 14: 22, Numbers 18: 26)
- Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31: 31, Philippians 2: 14)
- Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, 1 Peter 4: 9, Hebrews 13: 2)
- Time – A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16: 9, Philippians 4:8 )
- Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31: 10Proverbs 31: 21 – 22, Proverbs 31: 24 -25, Isaiah 61: 10, 1 Timothy 2: 9, 1 Peter 3: 1 – 6)
These are the attributes of the Proverbs 31 Woman. I see all these in my sister.
Jenny- I hope that you are having a wonderful day! You should be celebrated today. You are a wonderful woman who’s life reflects Christ. I want you to know how much you have been a blessing in my life. I know I may be stubborn and not always want to hear what you have to tell me, but I want to thank you for loving me to the point that you will tell me what I need to hear. Thank you for being my friend. I may be far away from you today on your birthday but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all day. I miss you! Happy Birthday!