Posted on September 28, 2007 by Erin Craig
Take a look at this. I think Nancy Leigh DeMoss is a very wise woman and she has put out a step by step example of how to encourage our husbands. I was wanting to start this section (101 Reasons I Love My Husband) today and then I found this challenge. I thought they fit perfect together!
I just wanted to take the time to congratulate Blake! I am so proud of him. Today he went to work and it has been just 2 weeks since his first day. He has worked hard to meet his daily goals. Today he was promoted! He gets to move up to the coveted spraying job! This might sound silly but right now he is aerating yards. It is brut work! And they only aerate every fall. So this new position will be easier on him physically but a little more challenging mentally. He does have to pass a state test before he can be certified to spray. God has blessed him so much with this job. It has been a perfect example of what can happen when you follow the Lord!
Filed under: 101 reason i love my husband | Tagged: 101 Reasons I Love My Husband, blake | 1 Comment »
Posted on September 27, 2007 by Erin Craig
So I went to get my water…it was not on sale 10 for 10 like it usually is. But it was 4 for 5. I went ahead and got 20 bottles. I payed 4 dollars for all of them! Not too bad still! I will also use the bottle over again for Blake to take to work. He drinks so much each day!
I also had a 2 dollar off coupon for a pasta all in one dinner. It cost 4 after the in store and coupon. It was a good meal for that price. Only 10 min to cook too!
Filed under: money saving | Tagged: money saving | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 26, 2007 by Erin Craig
So I have been reading Crystal’s Blog from Biblical Womanhood and Money Saving Mom diligently and trying so hard to figure out just how she saves on all these coupons. And she shops at Kroger. Now I know that they can have some good deals, but she spends only $35 per week on groceries for a family of 4. If Blake and I could get by that cheap it would be great.
Well today I did print some of the Propel coupons! I am really excited about this! I am going straight to Kroger after work. They are for .50 off, one coupon per bottle of water, no limit! Well they are 1.00 a piece at Kroger and they double the coupon so….FREE WATER! This is such a blessing because Blake drinks lots of water and Gatorade while working. I am going to surprise him after work with my free water find. Oh and the coupons are good through December so I will stock up over time!
Filed under: money saving | Tagged: money saving | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 21, 2007 by Erin Craig
Here are some of the colors we picked to choose from for our house. We were in between the green and the orange, apparently Chloe is too! We are leaning toward the green for the main rooms. Still not sure what we are doing in the bedroom. Any suggestions?
Filed under: house | Tagged: chloe, house | 4 Comments »
Posted on September 20, 2007 by Erin Craig
Today is my lovely sister Jenny’s birthday. She is the oldest of the six of us kids. She is a great sister and an even better friend. She is always there when I need her. I look up to her in so many ways. She is the mother of 3 beautiful children. They are blessed to have a godly mother like her. I hope to be the kind of mother she is when I have children. I have been fortunate to watch her and her family and learn from them over the past few years. She has been a great christian model for me as a newlywed. She is a women of great character and virtue.
- Faith – A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. (Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15)
- Marriage– A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet. (Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis2: 18)
- Mothering – A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with the care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)
- Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, Proverbs 31: 17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19, Genesis 1: 29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)
- Service – A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13: 13)
- Finances – A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18, 1 Timothy 6: 10, Ephesians 5: 23, Deuteronomy 14: 22, Numbers 18: 26)
- Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31: 31, Philippians 2: 14)
- Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, 1 Peter 4: 9, Hebrews 13: 2)
- Time – A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16: 9, Philippians 4:8 )
- Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31: 10Proverbs 31: 21 – 22, Proverbs 31: 24 -25, Isaiah 61: 10, 1 Timothy 2: 9, 1 Peter 3: 1 – 6)
These are the attributes of the Proverbs 31 Woman. I see all these in my sister.
Jenny- I hope that you are having a wonderful day! You should be celebrated today. You are a wonderful woman who’s life reflects Christ. I want you to know how much you have been a blessing in my life. I know I may be stubborn and not always want to hear what you have to tell me, but I want to thank you for loving me to the point that you will tell me what I need to hear. Thank you for being my friend. I may be far away from you today on your birthday but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all day. I miss you! Happy Birthday!
Filed under: birthday, virtue | Tagged: birthday, family | 2 Comments »
Posted on September 19, 2007 by Erin Craig
As anyone who knows me well knows I am not a morning person! I have never wanted to be a morning person. So I have a new challenge; I now have the duty of taking Chloe on her morning walk. Blake had been doing this for the past couple of months. Now with the start of his new job the duty gets passed to me.
Chloe has so much energy that if she does not get her walks, she will go nuts. You can not control her! But with her walks she is the best dog in the world! Before the regular walks we started to wonder what we were going to do with her. Weimaraners are friendly, fearless, alert, obedient, happy, loving, attentive, assertive, bold, loyal, headstrong, rambunctious, and bouncy dogs. They are extremely intelligent, but can be very opinionated and willful. They are breed to hunt all day. They will take the lead if you let them. We were getting to the point were we just didn’t know how to stay calm when she would blast out of the door and run around the house like a nut. She also has a water obsession. She will drink all the water you give her. We thought we would never get her house broke. We would take her out and before we would make it all the way inside she would go again. We realized she was getting way too much water! We thought we would try puppy pads in her cage to help the problem, she only ate them after she peed on them. Finally Blake started walking her daily, taking her out every few hours, and she became wonderful. I could not ask for a better dog. Also we have found that the more time we spend with her the better she is. Weimaraners are cuddlers! She is so happy to be right between us in the bed. However she sleeps on the floor! Or more recently under the bed (she will never learn she is getting too big, she gets stuck).
So this morning I was up at 6:oo am to take her on her walk. We walk about a mile. This was a challenge but I know I had to do it for her! But I feel really good today! It was nice to spend the morning walking and praying. After my prayer time I sang! This might sound silly but I love to sing. Now at 6am I don’t sound too good, but if you live were we do you can take advantage of the fact that no one will hear you, and sing! It was just a nice time to spend with the Lord and praise Him! Chloe seemed to enjoy it too! She kept trying to jump up and give me kisses when I would sing. I am sure I will feel tired early tonight but we are in need of going to bed early as Blake has to get up at 5:00. Yuk! We feel so old! Last night we were just getting dinner and getting settled around 8:30 and bed time is now around 10:30. That is still going to take some getting used to. We both used to stay up really late. Now we couldn’t if we tried.
Filed under: blah blah blah | Tagged: blah blah blah, chloe, weimaraner | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 15, 2007 by Erin Craig
Here are some pictures of our part of the house. We haven’t gotten very much done yet but we are really just getting started. I will try to post often whenever we make any noticable changes!
This was last fall. It has a little better view of our porch. Our bedroom is the window on the right side of the porch.
This is what it looks like now. Our yard is going to have shade most of the day.
Here is a little closer look. The porch is serving as storage while we are still working on it. Our main entrance is the double door in the middle. To the left there is a door going into our mud room/laundry room. (and Chloe playing with her new favorite toy)
Here I am standing in the living room. We are leaving these rooms open like studio space. The left of the door is the dinning room, to the right is just an open entry space.
Here I am standing in the dinning room. The doorway straight ahead goes into our laundry room and an office behind that.
Here I am standing in the entry way looking at the dinning room. The doorway ahead is our bedroom. The doorway to the left goes into the bathroom and closet.
This looks into the living room, the other side of the wall is the kitchen. The kitchen and living room will have 8ft. ceilings, the dinning room and entry will have 9ft.
This is the living room.
This is the kitchen.
This is the laundry room and office. We have not built the wall between them yet. The doorway to the right leads to future kids rooms. (No I didn’t say near future.)
This is the future kids rooms. There will be a wall dividing this to make two rooms.
I hope everyone feels like they know a little more about where we live now! Hopefully I will have some updated pictures to show soon!
Filed under: house | Tagged: house | 1 Comment »